Home for alittle while
It took two weeks to finally get home.... Nathan picked me up from the airport and he was sporting a gotee.... He worked really hard on it to make it look good, but Im just not used to seeing him with hair on his face. To me he will always be that little boy who used to wake me up at 5am demanding breakfast at the top of his lungs. I am however very proud of him and look forward to having more time to spend will all my kids. Jon, Kanien and Marcella came over as much as they could, I really appreciated that quite a bit. The first week was spent just trying to get onto the same time zone as the rest of the family. Dave and Rose invited us over to dinner and it was a very fun time. Jason had grown and is trying to make his way in the world of girls...sometimes I think he should slow down and relax, they will still be there in a couple of years. My Mom and Dad came over and that was a special treat, I miss them most, and love when they come to visit.
During the second week I went fishing. The first picture is Nathans fish from Wednesday...it was a good fish and it fought hard to stay in the water coming in at 10" and lots of sharp teeth, it was a nice rainbow trout.

This next one is the one I caught while Nathan was showing Amy around Causey Res. It was a 22" Kokanee salmon. I caught her on the first cast into the res. David was standing next to me when it happened or he would not have believed it. after I got her off the line I gave the fishing pole to him so I could show off to Nathan...

Marcella was not sure who I was but somehow I was grampa... but I had a mustache and she didnt like that at all. Every chance she could she asked for a fish (candy swedish red fish) by running into my office and pointing up to the jar of fish on the top shelf and making fish noises with her mouth. it was so cute. She eventually got over the initial fright and came to touch my mustache every chance she could. She would give kisses but it tickled her every time.
During the second week I went fishing. The first picture is Nathans fish from Wednesday...it was a good fish and it fought hard to stay in the water coming in at 10" and lots of sharp teeth, it was a nice rainbow trout.
This next one is the one I caught while Nathan was showing Amy around Causey Res. It was a 22" Kokanee salmon. I caught her on the first cast into the res. David was standing next to me when it happened or he would not have believed it. after I got her off the line I gave the fishing pole to him so I could show off to Nathan...
Marcella was not sure who I was but somehow I was grampa... but I had a mustache and she didnt like that at all. Every chance she could she asked for a fish (candy swedish red fish) by running into my office and pointing up to the jar of fish on the top shelf and making fish noises with her mouth. it was so cute. She eventually got over the initial fright and came to touch my mustache every chance she could. She would give kisses but it tickled her every time.

4 Comments:
thanks for coming home - sorry I was grouchy and sick some of the time. We loved having you here. Hurry back! Love ya lots Love Terry
dear dann, it was great to talk and visit with you. you have a wonderful family and i am sure you are proud of them. thank you for being such a great son, we will love you forever. mom
That was fun to see you Dad. We had a lot of fun. That Salmon was huge. I never got to see it, just heard about it. We miss you already! Love ya!
Dear Nephew Dann, your blog is so interesting. Be Safe. AND, come on up to the cabin. Love you Lots
Aunt Sandy
Post a Comment
<< Home