Turkey day fun
This is a family of nomadic Kuchi that live in Afghanistan they travel by foot with donkeys Camels, sheep and all their household good on the backs of the aminals. These were on the way to lower climate around J-Bad for the winter.
The camels being led by the father and mother, the sheep and goats and a rather large dog are by the children

This was a Taliban prison, the tree behind the prison is where they shot most of the prisoners they had before they abandoned the position. The post is covered in trees and lots of mina birds.

This is a nice fort way out on the plane. The French were here and it looked like the last remake of bue gist complete with flag, save it was in Afghanistan instead of Algeria.

The snow is still on the mountians which are much higher than those before. remember this is the Hinder Kush the same chain of mountains that has K2 and Mount Everest. But in the valleys it was harvest time, cotton, sugar cane, pommegranets, cucumbers, onions, coconuts, colliflower, hay, to name a few. I was suprised at the sugar cane and cotton. there were palm trees and mango trees in abundance. it was at a lower elevation. and thats how I spent my Thanksgiving vacation.

4 Comments:
Cool look at that nomadic family. It's hard to imagine putting all of our possessions on the backs of two camels and heading down the mountains to lower elevations...
I agree with Jon. It is crazy to think about how much stuff we have and how we wouldn't be able to put even 1/4 of our belongings on an animal. Sounds like your Thanksgiving was interesting. Ours was fun. Sorry I haven't posted any pictures yet, I will get to that today. love ya and I hope you have a great day!
there are times when it might be kinda nice not to have so much stuff and be able to carry everything around with us. More humbling that's for sure.
the anonymous was me it wont let me sign in like it use to since i updated my blog account - Love Terry
Post a Comment
<< Home