Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Ground hog day

This is one of the old soviet bases or at least whats left of the base. they have all the veiicles left, but have been stripped of most usefull items.

Here is one of the soldiers that I work with. We visited a remote location to check on troops and see if they have food and water. it was an old Soviet Base on the out skirts of Bagram. The building behind them blew up two weeks ago by unknow reasons. it scattered all kinds of munitions accross the yard. now they have a line of rocks that you dont go past or you might step on live munitions that will go off, lots of rockets layingaround waiting for the EOD guys to come by and fix. it was a good storage area now its rubble and dust. The building that you see was an ajointing building that did not have much so its just gutted not blown apart.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Hey...send me home one of those rockets...I'll take it down to the armory (Camp Williams now, I guess) and slam it down on the counter. I know they'd love that!

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home