The days of the week
The days of the week are somewhat ascew. the names are the same but the duties of those days are different. I will explain: monday is still monday and tuesday is still tuesday; but now it gets interesting. Friday is now our Sunday, and Saturday is now our monday and so forth. we get Friday's off to do vehicle maintenance and such, or like me I havent had a day off for almost since I got here. Then again its not that hard of work and it keeps me busy. The days are getting colder and shorter here, and yes there is dust, okay lots off dust that is soo fine that it penatrates everything. You get used to it after awhile. It should take around two months of constant showers to get rid of all the dust off me when I get back (something I'm looking forward to doing). Did I mention that they pray 5 times a day?

Here is a pic that Nathan wanted(more pics of the Humve) I am looking at whats left of an Armor regiment of T62 soviet tanks and armored vehicles. off to the side are three scud missle launchers and missles. the tanks are painted up real nice for the parade each year and then put into the motorpool to wait till next year.

The mountians around camp are pretty impressive. they are about twice as high as the watsch front. the other day I rode thru one of the canyons to get back to camp. It was scary and awsome. Scary due to the fact that they were building the road (or reparing it) and there were cars screaming around the corner just like the Idaho goat trail (hwy 98?). Construction equipment and piles of working materials were also in the road. Did I mention sheep, goats, and donkey carts too? I didnt get many pictures due to the fact that I was trying to hold on in the switch backs while we climbed almost 10,000 ft over the pass and thru the tunnels; the road was not built for anything but a donkey cart to begin with and they just added as needed so some parts are quite narrow especially with on comming traffic. It made the CalIda hwy look like a 8 lane freeway.

Here is a pic that Nathan wanted(more pics of the Humve) I am looking at whats left of an Armor regiment of T62 soviet tanks and armored vehicles. off to the side are three scud missle launchers and missles. the tanks are painted up real nice for the parade each year and then put into the motorpool to wait till next year.

The mountians around camp are pretty impressive. they are about twice as high as the watsch front. the other day I rode thru one of the canyons to get back to camp. It was scary and awsome. Scary due to the fact that they were building the road (or reparing it) and there were cars screaming around the corner just like the Idaho goat trail (hwy 98?). Construction equipment and piles of working materials were also in the road. Did I mention sheep, goats, and donkey carts too? I didnt get many pictures due to the fact that I was trying to hold on in the switch backs while we climbed almost 10,000 ft over the pass and thru the tunnels; the road was not built for anything but a donkey cart to begin with and they just added as needed so some parts are quite narrow especially with on comming traffic. It made the CalIda hwy look like a 8 lane freeway.

3 Comments:
I can't imagine a road like that. It sounds a little like the stuff in India that my dad and mom rode on. They weren't driving, though. They were just passengers. Let me know if you want Kanien and I to send you a dustbuster. I think they're supposed to get rid of dust. :)
Jon
so the place will make a nice glass valley once we nuke them.
i'm not the terry that said that so that must be your brother. Looks pretty desolate to me! Love ya your wife Terry
Post a Comment
<< Home