Traveling again
This is how we traveled to the states for our visit.
When we arrived it was the end of Ramadan so we had a celibration feast. The Soldiers and Policemen cooked four goats for us to sample different local recipies. most were very tasty. They did however dull my knife quiet well in the process.
Here is the meal before it was cooked. The Army had quiet a few gasping moments as to how and when and who was going to cook, but in the end it was a nice feast.

IN the end even the Army had some.

To show their appreciation they rolled a humvee into a van we signed for. Actually the driver forgot to put in the chock block and it rolled down the small hill into the back of the van hitting one door. Later the window in the door was blown out by shutting the door.

I took the Afghan National Army soldiers to the Post Exchange to see what american life was like, or as close to it as I could come and still be able to keep them safe. They found the prices very high, some kept the money we gave them till they arrived back in Afghanistan to use there.

While we were there the head of all Military in Afghanistan came to visit, it was a very special occasion.

We spent two week working in Louisiana in the woods, it rained and was rather cool at nights.

In the end we had an awards ceremony and passed out certificate to all the soldiers who participated. The others got awards and coins, but because I stopped a 17 million dollar training event all by my self I got nothing which I felt rather happy about. The Army Unit and I did not see eye to eye about most anything, I could not get on the good side of them.

It took us four days to get home, I was up for most of it trying to solve problems that came up along the way. I got to see Kyrgastan! okay mostly from the air but some on the ground, but not much then either, Another country to add to the list.

5 Comments:
Kyrgastan, eh? That sounds pretty fun. Congrats on your $17 Million success...sounds like they really appreciated it. ;)
robin said. I am glad you made it back safely. IT SOUNDED LIKE QUITE A JOURNEY. keep the notes coming I look forward to them. we are doing well and staying warm hope you are also. love mom
how did you manage to do that? glad you made it back all in one piece. looks like it was quite the adventure in Louisiana.
I just have to say, If I had to ride in an airplane facing that way, I think I would get SICK!! I have a hard time not getting sick facing forwards. It was good to talk to you the other day. You look tired! I hope you were able to get some rest! love ya bunches
life goes on.
joke em if they can't take a ..... something.
TGD
Post a Comment
<< Home