Christmas
At this time of year we should all take a minute to reflect on the passing year, and learn from it. the future is not quite a blank slate, it does have the outline of possibilities to be, if we apply ourselves now. Some of these possibilities will pass us by due to us not being ready and some will sit off in the distance waiting for us to get ready. I have to admit that the latter are far and few between. This next year you should all take the time to prepare for the future and seek out the things that you know are good and just. You can make plans but be prepared to adjust them as the need arises.
I have been gone now for 6 months, since June. I missed the raspberries that grown in my garden, I missed the garden completely. I missed the Black Berries and the Peaches when they came on in season. I missed making the popcorn every sunday and the homemade Icecream. The most thing I missed was my family. In the past when I traveled I would come home and say "woman, I'm home, where is everyone"? During my travels I found my self in places that I wish I could have shared with them. The most notedly was the night I was traveling in South East Asia. The night was warm and filled with small noises. A full moon shown down from the heavens, reflecting on the water filled rice paddies. Along the jungle trac I walked with twelve rough men carrying heavy packs. Not a word was spoken, but all stopped to enjoy the night, and the reflection of the beautiful moon. Later that night they tried to get me to swim a river with a flashlight, .45 and a blown up water-proof bag telling me; Shine the flashlight and shoot the red eyes as they appear, and dont worry they are just crocidiles. I declined.
Other times I found my self in Europe exploring a castle or some old ruin. Sitting in a pile of brush in another part of the world; hidden from view watching and waiting. All in all I never thought that as a farmkid I would travel as much as I have. In all my travels I have always listened to the Holy Ghost and did what he said to do when he said to do it. Nowadays when I leave the safety of the base and travel out about the country I always say a prayer. The guys that I ride with know I do this and they are quiet as I do my thing, they have come back seperately and thanked me for asking for the protection. I am proud of each and everyone of my children, they are all different and all the same, and I revel in that. If there was one thing that I would wish that they would do, it would be to have them say their prayers and follow the promtings of the spirit. I wish I could be there with you, but as you know I cant. Know that I love each and everyone of you, you are in my thoughts constantly and that I pray for you as well.
This very night I found my self on a road high up on a clif face. The road was made for two lanes of traffic, the people traveling that same road had three lanes of traffic going each way. needles to say it was all at a stand still till I got out and made people move in an orderly manner. I walked up hill directing traffic for almost 2000 feet in elevation, there were lots of switch backs and I thought that one of the semi's was going to go over the edge, but it didnt. I had all the people pay attention to me and they did what I wanted them to do, mainly due to the fact that I was carrying an automatic weapon. In the end the two hour trip took six hours. I am safe, warm, and hungry (they didnt save dinner for us) but most of all I love you all. May you all have a very merry Christams and a Happy New Year.
Your Father, Dad, Husband, and friend Dann
p.s. I was going to put some pictures but for some reason the net is going soooooo slow they will not go, maybe next time.
I have been gone now for 6 months, since June. I missed the raspberries that grown in my garden, I missed the garden completely. I missed the Black Berries and the Peaches when they came on in season. I missed making the popcorn every sunday and the homemade Icecream. The most thing I missed was my family. In the past when I traveled I would come home and say "woman, I'm home, where is everyone"? During my travels I found my self in places that I wish I could have shared with them. The most notedly was the night I was traveling in South East Asia. The night was warm and filled with small noises. A full moon shown down from the heavens, reflecting on the water filled rice paddies. Along the jungle trac I walked with twelve rough men carrying heavy packs. Not a word was spoken, but all stopped to enjoy the night, and the reflection of the beautiful moon. Later that night they tried to get me to swim a river with a flashlight, .45 and a blown up water-proof bag telling me; Shine the flashlight and shoot the red eyes as they appear, and dont worry they are just crocidiles. I declined.
Other times I found my self in Europe exploring a castle or some old ruin. Sitting in a pile of brush in another part of the world; hidden from view watching and waiting. All in all I never thought that as a farmkid I would travel as much as I have. In all my travels I have always listened to the Holy Ghost and did what he said to do when he said to do it. Nowadays when I leave the safety of the base and travel out about the country I always say a prayer. The guys that I ride with know I do this and they are quiet as I do my thing, they have come back seperately and thanked me for asking for the protection. I am proud of each and everyone of my children, they are all different and all the same, and I revel in that. If there was one thing that I would wish that they would do, it would be to have them say their prayers and follow the promtings of the spirit. I wish I could be there with you, but as you know I cant. Know that I love each and everyone of you, you are in my thoughts constantly and that I pray for you as well.
This very night I found my self on a road high up on a clif face. The road was made for two lanes of traffic, the people traveling that same road had three lanes of traffic going each way. needles to say it was all at a stand still till I got out and made people move in an orderly manner. I walked up hill directing traffic for almost 2000 feet in elevation, there were lots of switch backs and I thought that one of the semi's was going to go over the edge, but it didnt. I had all the people pay attention to me and they did what I wanted them to do, mainly due to the fact that I was carrying an automatic weapon. In the end the two hour trip took six hours. I am safe, warm, and hungry (they didnt save dinner for us) but most of all I love you all. May you all have a very merry Christams and a Happy New Year.
Your Father, Dad, Husband, and friend Dann
p.s. I was going to put some pictures but for some reason the net is going soooooo slow they will not go, maybe next time.

6 Comments:
Thanks Dad! We're all here in your office and Nathan just read your post to us. Be safe! Have a great Christmas.
hey dad sounds like you are having a good time its defenetly not the same wothout you here saying socks before you open all your presants any way i love you and hope your having a good day love nathan
thanks for the message, it was nice to hear from you! this is david and rosalee, we are glad that you are safe and you are always in our prayers. thanks for the good advice and we are trying our best to listen to the promptings of the holy ghost and always saying our prayers. we love you very much and hope that the time will pass quickly. love david and rosalee.
hi - the day is almost over! I think it has been a good day for everyone. I am really tired! Ready to go to bed! Still have a few more hours to be up though! Thanks for the Christmas message. Love you wish you were here with us. We miss you Love Terry
hey dad so are you having fun over there well thanks for the gun they triced me prity good the said that uncle alx was coming to get it and so they had me go get it and then i went and put it in the case nathan gave me and then they said well there you go thats yours but thanks for it well hope you have fun see ya in a littil while love jason i love you dad have fun bye
Thanks for the note Dad. It was good to hear from you. I am excited for you to be home, so make sure you are always safe. Well, I love you bunches
Post a Comment
<< Home