Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Blustery Day

Like most stories go...this one started inside and worked its way around, So I will start there...

I have just about gotten used to the time change and the climate change almost...

I have a very hard bed and a pretty nice room, ( had to buy carpet but it had curtians already)

and it has airconditioning (SAY HALALUYA can I get an AMEN)

This was taken at 2:30 pm today; the world turned from blue to gold and got alot dustier as the day went on. I didnt use a filter on the camera, it just turned gold and was hard to breath in. I guess this was my first dust storm here in Iraq.

It got worse before it got better....

You can just make out the stuff on the other side of the lake, yes it is a lake can you tell?

Somewhere in this one there is a beautiful lake and lake houses....

As you can see they feed us well, So this is how I live...any takers?
Here I am on the day before the storm. I'm sure there will be more to follow if you follow too.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Wow, that's some crazy dust! It's pretty cool how it turned the whole scene a rich gold color, but I bet you got dust in a lot of interesting (and dark) places.

4:10 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Holy jeez... and I was complaining about pulling stumps out of my front yard being hot and dirty! Thanks for all that rope you gave me Dann it did the trick! It also shot a stump 37 yards down the street when it broke loose(yeah, I measured)!

- Kevin Hair

8:50 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

Hey glad to see that you are back into the world of blogging so we can keep up on what you are doing. Glad you have air conditioning. Love ya

10:25 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

you get your own room? no fair I'm telling mom

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home