Monday, September 15, 2008

This past year fast forwarded

IN AUGUST of 2008 I left the war in the mountains and traveled to Manias in Kyrgyzstan, no more dust, no more riding around waiting, no more suspense. The Sky's were clear the air was fresh and the scenery looked the same almost but no dust.

Manias Kyrgystan, where we waited a week for a plane ride.


They said it would be ub Shelby Mississippi for a week and it took almost two then on to home.

I took a much needed vacation and went to the mountians and choped wood....

caught fish....





went sight seeing to big springs, Island Park in Idaho, and Yellow stone national park...


For christmas I built a table and chairs for my granddaughter....

she was really happy on christmas morning....

I like fishing so I went during the winter up to a nice small stream... the snow was level with the road... tobad the land was 6 feet below the road, had to wade to the stream and make a place to fish from...


But caught some very nice fish...

One day my wife told me that the wall was melting in the bathroom down stairs, so I went to check out what she was really saying... the bathroom upstairs was leaking and making the wall melt, so I had to fix it ASAP...

which ment replacing the entire upstairs bathroom something I didnt want to do at the time, but it looks very nice now...

IN the spring I planted a garden, with some help from Marcella...

My son and his wife rose were expecting a baby so I built them something they could use, it turned out pretty nice...

I was nearing the end of my time in the military so I went and had my elbow and knee looked at, the Doc worked on me and then My daughter came and picked me up, she was expecting her second child and when we got home her water broke so off to the hospital for them.... I just stayed home and tried to not use the cell phone... it was also my son Davids birthday so I call him and sang him happy birthday while I was still under the influence, hes still chuckles about it. I guess I call alot of people that same day and they all chuckle about it...


Baby Claire was born on Saturday and stayed in intensive care for almost three weeks... finally her mom had enough and went to the hospital every three hours to look in on her baby and see what was going on. Suddenly Claire was able to come home and stay. I was not impressed with the nursing staff at that hospital...

Claire looks lots better sleeping at home than in the hospital...

Her Sister Marcella was very happy to have her home too...


Soon after Clair was born (almost a week) while Granpa Dann was off visiting his mom and dad, Dave and Rose were visiting her mom and dad and on that Sunday morning she went into labor, so they drove the 70 or so miles down to the hospital in Provo to have a baby, I called to see where they were at and Rose answered the phone but she was not real talkative for some reason, they were almost to Provo when I called ....
And William was born and is growing great


I am very happy with this past year, now that its over, at the end of the week I will be out of the military and I'm getting more happy every day... now I have to get a job and do something with my life... retirement: twice as much husband, half as much money.




















1 Comments:

Blogger Rosalee said...

Even though it's been a while, I still like reading this post! Great pictures. We would love to see some more posts just to keep up with what you are doing these days. We love and miss you!

4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home